Receptionist Position (Maternity Cover)
Owned and run by vets Charlie and Martin, Cedar Vets has been established in the local community for 130 years. We are extremely proud of our history and work hard to maintain our “why” which is because “we care”.
We care about our clinical standards and work hard to continually improve, aiming to be the best primary care practice we can be. We care about our people, their wellbeing and career development. We care about our clients and aim to go above and beyond informing their decisions and achieving contextualised care.
Our practices are based in Alton and Alresford with a small branch surgery in Four Marks. We are lucky to have the best of all worlds being on the edge of the beautiful South Downs National Park with the New Forest and South Coast within a short drive. We are also a short train ride from London from either practice. Both the main practices are new purpose-built premises. Alresford is the smaller practice and was completed in 2019. Alton was completed in October 2022 moving to a significantly larger site with expansion room for the future.
Being purpose built, our practices are fully ventilated and air conditioned, providing a great environment to work. It is impossible to offer high standards without the right equipment. We are continually investing in equipment such as:
- Dental X-Ray
- Video Endoscopes
- Multiple Multiparameter Monitors
Our practice thrives on teamwork, and we work hard to encourage this. We have very low staff turnover and work hard to communicate with our teams, making them feel involved and encourage them to share their ideas. An established senior team of Vets and Nurses work hard to ensure that colleagues meet their development targets within a supportive environment, already set-up as a VNTC and Surrey Vet School IMR provider.
Wellbeing is not just a buzzword at Cedar Vets! We know work life balance is important to people and aim to achieve this in a number of ways:
- Regular, protected breaks
- Flexible working
- Providing a psychologically safe environment with positive communication encouraged, enhanced with practice meetings and VetSafe reporting
- Supporting out of work activities such as Tuesday evening “Spin club” and a new, very popular Cedar Walking Group
Over to you…
We are looking for a Receptionist with a passion for the job and values that align with our own. As a Receptionist at Cedar Vets, you will be the first point of contact for our clients and their animals. You will play a crucial role in creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere, ensuring that every client receives excellent customer service and assistance. Your exceptional communication skills and ability to multitask will be key to your success in this role.
- Pay – range between £10.42 – £11.50 per hour
- 40 hours a week
- Shifts between 8am– 7pm (typically 8-5 or 10-7 with a 1 hour break)
- Weekend worked on a Rota of 1 Saturday in 4
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays with an extra day off on your Birthday
- Generous staff discount scheme for own pets (meds at cost, 75% on fees)
- Predictable, reoccurring Rota